~~~~~~~
all squares are size 4x4 inches (10x10 cm)

this blog might be a bit neglected at the moment, as i´m working on an altered book quite the same style as these squares... so you better visit my main blog mixedmediafun for more posts... thank you!

Freitag, 26. Februar 2010

4x4 friday - mantra

well, what you see here is a frog clinging to a leaf (i saved this scrap because this award winning photo looks great in its unusual perspective)
browsing my stash for the "mantra" theme i stumbled across it... and suddenly imagined: this frog sitting here and rhythmically croaking (--> chose the green music sheet); i´m sitting near a pond and listen to him for hours... croak, croak... silence... croak, croak...; don´t want to stand up and leave... just sit and listen in the warm summer night...
i just would love to know what his mantra is... but is it important?... no... important is that i´m having peaceful moments...
(and that´s what i had by making this;) --- thanks for the theme!)

Kommentare:

Sandy hat gesagt…

Du kommst ja auf Ideen.
Herrlich. Fantastisches Werk.

Ich wünsche Dir ein schönes WE.

indybev hat gesagt…

Your mental journey with this challenge made me smile. Great idea! Well done.

Marilyn Rock hat gesagt…

Love your interpretation of themes! This is marvelous! xxoo

Femmy hat gesagt…

great interpretation of the theme Johanna!! love it!

Faye hat gesagt…

I love the unusual and creative take on this theme, Johanna. I love to hear the frogs croaking at the pond near me. There is something very peaceful about many of nature's sounds.

Athena hat gesagt…

I think that this is wonderful.
Now that you mention it,there is something relaxing about listening to the croak of a frog.

Rhonda hat gesagt…

Love the place you have taken us to! Cheers!

Lori Saul hat gesagt…

This is great Johanna- and yes there is a rhythym and a sort of chant that frogs make when they croak- cool thoughts!

DymphieM hat gesagt…

you had me there... at first glance the frog looked as a deep frozen chicken to me (don't laugh, my eyes are playing tricks on me all the time!) and I was wondering what is this theme???? Then I started to read, i love the green frogs in our small pond on summer evenings :) Lovely take on the theme Johanna!

Kersten hat gesagt…

This turned out wonderfully well, Johanna. Gorgeous take on this week's theme. Such balance and creativity both. Thank you!