~~~~~~~
all squares are size 4x4 inches (10x10 cm)

this blog might be a bit neglected at the moment, as i´m working on an altered book quite the same style as these squares... so you better visit my main blog mixedmediafun for more posts... thank you!

Montag, 3. Mai 2010

mixed media monday: "mothers"



theme at mmm is "mothers". --- now i can see the question marks in your eyes;) ... thoeris was the old egyptian goddess of mothers, responsible for a good pregnancy and birth.
~~~
thema bei mmm ist heute "mütter". --- na, ich seh schon die fragezeichen in eueren augen;) ... thoeris (auch bekannt als taweret) war die altägyptische muttergöttin. sie war verantwortlich für eine gute schwangerschaft und geburt.

Kommentare:

Sandy hat gesagt…

Oh was für eine wunderschöne Umsetzung. Super Idee. Ein tolles Square.

landileroux hat gesagt…

I love your take on the challenge. Gorgeous artwork.

Hermine hat gesagt…

Its gorgeous, so adorable

Cindy hat gesagt…

Oh what a fabulous idea...I love your vision for the challenge--super idea!
Hugs,
Cindy

Yvonne hat gesagt…

Love your momma!

Marilyn Rock hat gesagt…

This is great Johanna. I can see I've missed out on a number of your beautiful pieces. I'm trying to catch up on my fave blogs today. xxoo

Lori Saul hat gesagt…

Wonderful art and I learned something new !

indybev hat gesagt…

One of the great advantages of "doing" the challenge blogs is that it broadens my horizons. Thank you for teaching me a bit about Egyptian godesses! Great work!

NANCY LEFKO hat gesagt…

wonderful work...my Egyptian-loving son would adore this....of course his fave is Anubis :)

Silvia hat gesagt…

Toll umgesetzt, so richtig nach Johanna-Art ;)

Martina2801 hat gesagt…

Was Du alles weißt, Johanna???? Ich mag Deine Werke und Deine Interpretationen dazu.

haendi hat gesagt…

This is very clever, and it it lovely.

Bumbershoot Designs and Supplies hat gesagt…

Johanna, I love this! I enjoy your choices so much, they are always so interesting and clever and beautifully executed. ~Sharon

Fabric Art hat gesagt…

Johanna this is a wondeful "mother" piece, what a great choice of image.
Anni

Kristin hat gesagt…

Ha! I love it!! Such a clever take on the theme and I too learned something! Thank you, Kristin xo
PS love the mouse piece below too!

Yvonne hat gesagt…

I love the idea!! funny and gorgeous.

Diane hat gesagt…

Fantastic piece, great take on the theme, and a little lesson about Thoeris all rolled into one! Great work! Diane