~~~~~~~
all squares are size 4x4 inches (10x10 cm)

this blog might be a bit neglected at the moment, as i´m working on an altered book quite the same style as these squares... so you better visit my main blog mixedmediafun for more posts... thank you!

Montag, 2. August 2010

mixed media monday: "past love"

one of my "past loves" is walnut ink... it was before tim holtz´ times of distress inks, when i made my own walnut ink from these little crystals... anybody remembers? you have to dilute them in water and get a wonderful brown fluid to dye your papers. - actually for a long time brown has left my personal color palette... i use it very seldom.

Kommentare:

Marilyn hat gesagt…

Your square is beautiful - I can understand why walnut casings were good for inks as I can remember having stained hands when gathering walnuts for my grandparents.

Silvia(Barnie) hat gesagt…

Klasse... daran kann ich mich auch noch gut erinnern, ganz dunkle Finger und einen eingefärbten Topf.

Rosie hat gesagt…

Gorgeous square!! I still have a tub of those crystals which I bought last year, Johanna - maybe one day I'll actually use them!

Sandy hat gesagt…

Oh ja das mochte ich auch tota gerne.
Super Erinerung daran und ein fantastisches Square. Was auch sonst ;)

Lori Saul hat gesagt…

This is beautiful and love the walnut ink. I love working with coffee and tea stain for effect as well!

WrightStuff hat gesagt…

Well, you learn something new every day - I didn't know that!

Nan hat gesagt…

I really like your piece. I think I still have some of those crystals in my stash too! I'm finding all kinds of goodies in my studio clean up LOL

joanna hat gesagt…

I'm not familiar with walnut ink, but it looks fantastic and so do your images! your work is always so beautiful Johanna!!
xoxo

Kris Dickinson hat gesagt…

Gorgeous piece!

ALTERED ARTIFACTS hat gesagt…

I do remember that and I still love browns... your walnut piece really is fab!
Inka

jenny hat gesagt…

This is wonderful Johanna...and yes I still have some of that walnut ink...must pull mine out of the stash too....I used it all the time once...

Jenny x

Diane hat gesagt…

I love your piece, Johanna, and yes I remember those walnut ink crystals well - I'm sure I still have some floating around here somewhere :-) Diane